With the heat back across the country, it’s that time of the year when you need a good old iced espresso to get you back on your feet after a quick lunch at home. Before the entire Coronavirus pandemic, it was easy to just walk into a cafe and order your much-loved beverage. But now things are different. We need to take matters into our own hands and be prepared to make café-style iced espresso at home. Thankfully, it’s not difficult to replicate it at home with this easy recipe.
- Sugar- 1 teaspoon
- Espresso – 1 shot
- Milk/Cream – Optional
- Lots of ice
- The most important ingredient of an iced espresso is the espresso shot itself. Make yourself an espresso shot by dissolving 1 tablespoon coffee powder in half a cup of hot water.
- If you have an espresso machine, nothing like it. Pour yourself an espresso shot.
- The next step in the process is dissolving your sugar. It’s difficult for the sugar to melt completely in your iced drink. Hence it’s important to mix in your espresso shot while it’s still hot.
- It’ll be even better if you can put in the sugar before pulling your espresso shot if using a machine. The heat from the shot will instantly dissolve the sugar.
- Do not pour the hot espresso over ice. The ice will melt and your drink will become all watery. Chill the now sweetened espresso shot in the fridge for 2-3 hours, depending on how cold you want it to get.
- Pour the cold espresso over ice cubes in a shaker and shake-shake-shake!
- Add in milk or cream, based on your preference in small quantities. You can also eliminate this step if you prefer your beverage strong.
- Pour in a tall glass and sip away. All the shaking in the shaker forms a nice foam on top and is a great touch to your cold refreshing drink.
Pandemic or no pandemic, restaurant, or home, iced espresso can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere, without much hassle.
What's Your Reaction?
Sneha is an avid reader and writer who quit her job to pursue her passion for writing. When she is not reading or writing, she can be found teaching kids, cooking or cuddled in her bed watching Netflix.